Fenugreek is an herb similar to clover that is native to the Mediterranean region, southern Europe, and western Asia. The seeds are used in cooking, to make medicine, or to hide the taste of other medicine. Fenugreek seeds smell and taste somewhat like maple syrup. Fenugreek leaves are eaten in India as a vegetable.
Fenugreek is taken by mouth for digestive problems such as loss of appetite, upset stomach, constipation, inflammation of the stomach (gastritis). Fenugreek is also used for diabetes, painful menstruation, menopause, polycystic ovary syndrome, arthritis, poor thyroid function, and obesity. It is also used for conditions that affect heart health such as "hardening of the arteries" (atherosclerosis) and for high blood levels of certain fats including cholesterol and triglycerides.
Fenugreek is used for kidney ailments, a vitamin deficiency disease called beriberi, mouth ulcers, boils, bronchitis, infection of the tissues beneath the surface of the skin (cellulitis), tuberculosis, chronic coughs, chapped lips, baldness, cancer, Parkinson's disease, and exercise performance.
Benefits Of Methi Dana Powder For Health : Here we enlisted 12 best uses of methi powder for health. Let’s have a look into them.
- Promotes Heart Health - To keep the cardiovascular system in proper shape and health, fenugreek seed powder works really well. Galactomannan is one of the soluble fibres in fenugreek or methi powder that helps in enhancing cardiovascular functions and heart health. It also reduces the risks of strokes and attacks to a good level.
- Controls Blood Pressure - Low sodium and good levels of potassium make fenugreek seed powder a perfect food for those who want to control their high blood pressure in the right way. It is one of the top-notch benefits of methi powder considering the fact that blood pressure is quite a common and prolonged ailment. Controlled blood pressure is one of the best advantages of Methi Powder.
- Methi Powder Benefits For Diabetes - Diabetic prevention is one of the top health benefits of Fenugreek powder. The seeds certain chemicals which can lower down the blood sugar levels and also improve the usage of sugar in the body. While the common method of taking fenugreek is by soaking seeds and drinking the water, Fenugreek powder is another effective way to get diabetes under control.
- Treats Skin Problems - With the antibacterial and antifungal properties, fenugreek powder paste, if applied on the wounds, marks, burns and eczema, can easily be treated in a home remedial manner. In fact, any form of an inflammation on the skin can be treated with fenugreek powder. It accelerates the healing of skin disorders.
- Reduces Aging Signs - Fenugreek seeds offer incredible benefits to ageing skin. It can effectively treat wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines and sagging skin. Fenugreek provides elasticity to the skin, which helps in age reversal. It can also render beautiful skin by exfoliating the dead skin. It is recommended to use this pack twice a week for best results.
- Reduce Skin Inflammation - Studies show that fenugreek seeds have anti-inflammatory properties and are the reason why they are used in traditional Ayurveda medicines. Fenugreek powder also has high amounts of anti-oxidants which can reduce the damage caused by free radicals. Daily usage of Fenugreek seeds can reduce skin inflammations and also repair damaged cells.
- Natural Glow - Fenugreek seeds have a moisturizing, sticky substance which can treat dryness of the skin. Fenugreek pack can help in rendering a natural glow to your skin by reducing patchiness and making skin even toned. It can also help in repairing the skin cells and protecting them from oxidative damage.