The most-trusted, eminent, and leading tulsi powder manufacturers called hennahub is engaged in preparing supplements for healthy skin and immune health. And so, hennahub prepares the natural and authentic tulsi leaf powder/ holy basil powder, which is one of the effective herbs to boost immune system and to promote skin care.
The health benefits of holy basil, also known as tulsi, include oral care, relief from respiratory disorders, fever, asthma, lung disorders, heart diseases, and stress.
Holy basil (Ocimum sanctum) or tulsi is a powerful herb that has been used in Ayurveda and other traditional medical treatments in India for thousands of years. The small holy basil shrub with tiny lavender flowers is considered a sacred plant in India and is often worshipped. It was believed that the holy basil leaves had potent powers to flush out toxins from the body. Even now in India, people have tulsi water (water which has tulsi leaves soaked overnight) or chew on a tulsi leaf to improve overall health. Several health products are available with tulsi extracts to help treat cold, cough, and the flu.
Health Benefits of Holy Basil
- Reduces Fever - The miraculous healing properties of holy basil come mainly from its essential oils and the phytonutrients in it. Holy basil is an excellent antibiotic, germicidal, fungicidal, and disinfectantagent and very effectively protects our body from all sorts of bacterial, viral, and fungal infections. This is confirmed in a report by researcher Steven Maimes, principal of SALAM Research in Rochester, New Hampshire.
- Relieves Symptoms of Respiratory Disorders - Tulsi, along with curing viral, bacterial, and fungal infections of the respiratory system, gives miraculous relief from congestion due to the presence of components like camphene, eugenol, and cineole in its essential oils. It is very effective in curing almost all respiratory disorders including bronchitis, both chronic and acute.
- Helps with Treatment of Asthma - Tulsi is very beneficial in the treatment of asthma since it relieves congestion and facilitates smoother breathing. The phytonutrients and essential oils, along with the other minerals in it, help cure some of the underlying causes of asthma as well.
- Prevents Lung Disorders - The compounds like vitamin C, camphene, eugenol, and cineole present in the essential oils of tulsi not only provide relief from the infections in the lungs but also help clear the lung congestion. Furthermore, they are found to be effective in healing the damages caused to the lungs due to smoking etc
- Reduces Stress - Vitamin C and other antioxidants in holy basil, apart from repairing damages done by free radicals, also minimize the stress caused by these oxidants. A study published in the Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine says that tulsi soothes the nerves, lowers blood pressure, reduces inflammation, and thus reduces stress. Potassium, in Tulsi, also reduces blood pressure-related stress by replacing sodium and loosening the tensed blood vessels.
- Mouth Freshener - Tulsi is an excellent mouth freshener and an oral disinfectant and its freshness last for a very long time. Holy basil destroys more than 99% of germs and bacteria in the mouth and this effect can last all day. It also aids in providing relief from mouth ulcers.